You received a notice summoning you to a hearing before the Financial Markets Administrative Tribunal. You have the right to appear personally, that is, without counsel.
If you do not wish to be represented by an attorney, make sure you:
- properly understand the notice of presentation and the attached application;
- summon your witnesses properly;
- prepare the questions you want to ask them;
- compile the documents you wish to file. You can file them by using the Electronic Filing System;
- prepare your arguments, which must be supported by the evidence presented to the tribunal through the testimony of witnesses and documents.
However, if a legal person (such as your company, if you have one) is contemplated by the application, you cannot represent it before the Tribunal: it must be represented by counsel.
We invite you to read the following Opening statement which explains the course of a hearing. It will be read by the administrative judge at the start of the hearing and you can address any questions so that you can fully understand the progress of a hearing before the Tribunal.