There is no mandatory standard application to be used. That said, all applications must contain the following information:
- the name, address and telephone number of the applicant, along with the applicant's email address and, where applicable, fax number;
- if the applicant is represented by an attorney, the name and address of the applicant's attorney, along with the attorney's email address and fax number (where applicable);
- the grounds for the application, in the form of allegations;
- the applicable statutory and regulatory provisions;
- the conclusions sought.
We invite you to use this Form (only available in French) to prepare your application.
Applications for review of a decision by the Autorité des marchés financiers or a self- regulatory organization must be sent with a copy of the contested decision and filed within the prescribed time limit, that is, within 30 days of the contested decision.
Where it is imperative for an application to be filed, an affidavit must be filed along with it.
The Secrétariat must be notified without delay of any change of coordinates of a party or the party's attorney.
All applications must be signed by the applicant or the applicant's attorney and must be joined with a notice of presentation to the Tribunal's pratice division and the payment of the due fees. These documents must be filed with the Secrétariat in one of the following ways:
- in person, at the Secrétariat
- by mail, at the address of the Secrétariat
- by courier service
You can submit your application and your notice of presentation by email at SecretariatTMF@tmf.gouv.qc.ca. However, you must file the original of these documents by the ways previously mentioned.
To file an urgent application, contact the Secrétariat.
Your application will be fixed to the Tribunal's hearing schedule to the extent that it meets the requirements of the pratice division.